Jan 1, 2009

Eating Out in London(Part One)

Happy New Year!!!


I know this blog has been pretty dead for quite some time, ever since voon flew to HK and I went to London for uni. But anyways, I just suddenly felt like updating it, and I wanna share with y'all all the yummy food in London, that's caused me massive weight gain! >:( but major satisfaction to muh tastebuds :)


warning: I dont quite remember the names and prices of the food but I remember the location perfectly well, so ask me if u want more details ;)


WAGAMAMA, Westfield Shopping Centre

Wagamama has always been known for their affordable japanese food, especially their ramen. They also serve udon and rice dishes. But none of their udon dishes are soup based.


Duck Gyoza with Hoi Sin sauce

I've had so many gyozas in my life but this is the first time coming across duck gyoza, I was abit sceptical at first, but it's better than I expected, really tasty :) and the sauce goes pretty well with the gyozas.

Grilled Sobas
interesting, and it's not too bad. You can actually still see the grilled mark on some part of the udons



I forgot what this dish is called but although it may look abit weird to certain people, but I tell you, it has surpassed our expectations and it was the best dish we ordered that day! Personally, I've always loved having soup with rice, and although the rice is drenched in soup, its not soggy and the soup is real tasty!


Food here ranges from about 5pounds to 11 pounds per main dish. Mostly around 7pounds but portion is really big so it's pretty worth it :) nearest tube to this place is shepherd's bush station.
and they have a website you can check out:


http://www.wagamama.com/




Churchill Arms, Kensington

Churchill Arms is a pub owned by an avid nature lover, the whole place is heavily decorated with everything butterfly and plants even their toilet smells really nice and looks like a garden! Dimly lit with great ambience for chilling out, a break from the madness and hustle bustle of London town.

This pub serves amazing thai food, especially the spicy fried noodles! It's extremely spicy, definitely not for the pussy-tongued! But that gives the extra kick ;) some may find it a tad too salty but i guess they deliberately added more salt, so that the chilli-numbed tongue can still taste the fried noodles. But i must say, this is a definite MUST-TRY! ;)



This dish had Chan covered in sweat! Sweat droplets were literally streaming down his face it was so terribly fun watching him eat! hahah

here's some extra details about the pub location, operating hours etc.
Churchill Arms



Churchill Arms,
119 Kensington Church Street,
London,
W8 7LN


Tel: 0871 917 0007

No comments: