May 23, 2008

Pan Mee, Taman Sri Sentosa


Having a major sudden craving for pan mee one day, I decided to find for recommendations of pan mee from online food blogs and there were 2 places that caught my attention
- the super long one at tmn sri sentosa (masak-masak, preciouspea)
- Kin Kin's chili pan mee all the way in KL(gastronomicdiary, masak-masak)

Since we didnt know the way to KL that well and sri sentosa's pretty near my place, I decided to hunt for this place after college one day. It's quite easy to find and very near to subang via the NPE :) the only challenging part was to locate the stall itself... for some detailed directions, check out masak-masak.


Hand Pulled Pan Mee, stall no.28 (near the fish market)

If you somehow get lost, let me tell you, the ppl in that area may not be the friendliest. I tried asking for directions, from 2 different ladies at different places, they ignored my call of desperation and gave me a one-kind look(as if I wanted to con them and kidnap them or something) c'mon la i dont look scary at all la okay... and i was even flashing my sweetest smile at them they still refused to bother about me :( ok la, i dont blame them for all those crazy stuff that's been happening recently... it's good to be cautious even someone who looks pretty harmless approaches you.



Hand Pulled Pan Mee small, RM 4.50

The small portion is seriously very small.. even for a small eater it wouldn't be sufficient, therefore those big eaters should order one big and one small. For big bowl it's (RM 5.50) which is think is really expensive for their miserable portion.


with chili (I love it spicy)

I really love the texture of this noodle as it wasn't too thin like most places and hence its springy but not too chewy (like chewing gum). When bitten, you sort of feel the noodle bouncing back in between your teeth, very responsive noodles I must say ;) And the fact that it's soo long, makes u feel like you're eating something special...gives you a more extraordinary feeling of eating pan mee!

For chili lovers like me, the chili is a must have topping, together with few squeeze of fresh limes. It just gives the extra kick! I must say they serve THE BEST pan mee I've ever tasted in my life!(not having tried Kin Kin's)



mmmmm... soo delicious!




This is the soup version, it's good but doesnt rock my tastebuds the way the dry one did. The soupy version just doesnt bring out the goodness in texture of the noodle to the fullest.. So I wouldn't recommend you to try this before u have a taste of their supa awesome dry one. But the soup was nonetheless tasty, made sweeter by the soaked anchovies. Another drawback was the fact that the chili doesnt go well with soupy version :( compared to dry.

Pandan Chicken, RM10 (3pcs) RM4/pc

This is a must have at this shop! It's really yummy, unlike some shops, which serve pandan chicken which is only taste on the outer layer, this chicken is truly fragrant... even deep inside the meat! I dare say it's even better than certain thai restaurants! Quite pricey for such a small shop, but once u taste the chicken, you just won't give a damn about its price anymore.

hey, chick me out!



If you're in the mood to chew on some balls and still feeling hungry due to their micro mini portions, side dishes like pork balls are necessary to fill up some blanks in ur tummy. But I forgot the price of these balls. Other than these pork balls, there're also otak otak and a few other side dishes. I'd definitely return to this place the next time I'm thinking of some pan mees. And it's soo near to my house! whooo! :)
P.S: if ure planning to go afternoon, get ready to sweat alot, its really hot there!



Pan Mee Stall
28, Jalan Seri Sentosa 9A
Taman Seri Sentosa
Off Old Klang Road
Kuala Lumpur
Tel No: 016 - 288 3911

Opening hours: 8am to 3pm
Closed on Mondays.



5 comments:

the auditor said...

remember when i said I don't feel hungry looking at pictures of food like you do? Your blog makes me hungry la.

the auditor said...

and do you know there's always something in every post that makes me slap my forehead and go.."omg so lame".

for this post, it's the "chick me out"

LOL

Tastebuddies :) said...

haha so do i take that as a compliment? that my pics can do wayy better than other food pics? lol eh got chat box out there la dunnit to type here.. have to click to read sometimes i may miss it :P

haha dont slap too much la after ur forehead become flat

Precious Pea said...

I agree with you. Portion way too small for that kind of price. But then again, it tastes really good. Yumz! Time to revisit.

Charlie said...

Eh! I have a special request for the 2 great floggers! Can you guys try out a place in Desa Sri Hartamas (any place that looks nice) and write about it? I really want to go out to eat la but because I'm under house arrest cannot : (